Have you realized that your blog can be an effective tool for lead generation process? Actually, it is just a matter of making the most of that usually-neglected space in your sidebar.
- Compose blog posts which really sell things. It is fine, but just don’t do it like every other post within the blog.
- Integrate a live chat application which joins visitors to the support and sales staff.
- Engage your sales staff in terms of replying to the blog comments, in a way to establish stronger customer and client relationships.
- Make use of special offers and ads. Naturally, you take control of the design and content of your blog. In order to generate leads, provide a convincing ad powered with a clear call to action.
- Advertise subscriptions so that you can get repeat visitors. Try to provide up to 3 options for subscriptions—Twitter, RSS and email. Then place the links on the home page of your blogs, if possible, as icons.
- Title your blog posts for Twitter and Google. Will your blog post be brief enough for a person to retweet it minus editing? So if your blog post appeared in a listing from Google, will people click on that?
- Provide links to your posts into case studies, webinars, white papers to your site. If you got sufficient information to offer that’s important, then don’t hesitate to offer it. But never overdo it.
- Provide social bookmarks. Common social bookmarking sites like Delicious, Stumbleupon, and Digg can help produce more subscribers, visitors and even business leads.